"Part One features three cavemen—Charlie, Banesh, and Billith (played by Rebecca S’manga Frank, Georgia Lee King, and Brian Bock)—with beautifully grotesque crocheted breasts, vaginas, and a penis to represent their near-nakedness. (The second act similarly featured long blond braids made of yellow yarn, suggesting small gestures toward Brechtian alienation on the part of costume designer Christopher Metzger)."
- Audrey Moyce, CultureBot https://www.culturebot.org/2017/08/27381/on-the-intense-yearning-of-the-indefinable-a-response-to-sehnsucht/
ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE;
"Costumes by Christopher Metzger also smartly suggest a synthesis of Ibsen’s era with our own..."
- Deb Miller, DC Metro Theater Arts http://dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2017/06/16/review-an-enemy-of-the-people-at-wheelhouse-theater-company/
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD;
"This is a lush production....sumptuous costume design by Christopher Metzger..."
- Geoff Kirsch, Juneau Empire http://juneauempire.com/art/2017-03-23/review-kill-mockingbird-perseverance-theatre
Jeans, flannel shirts, logo T-shirts and business attire are the main selection of Christopher Metzger simple and inspired costume design that perfectly represents each character.
- Darryl Reilly, TheatreScene.net http://www.theaterscene.net/plays/dannykrisdonnaveronica/darryl-reilly/
"Christopher Metzger's costumes are filled with subtle clues to each character."
- David Barbour, Light and Sound America http://www.lightingandsoundamerica.com/news/story.asp?ID=-OR3756
New York Times Review: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/theater/the-healing-review.html?_r=1
"The other production elements, which include Christopher Metzger's costumes, Alejandro Fajardo's lights, and Brandon Wolcott's sound, contribute nicely to creating a backwoods, small-mountain-town feeling about ready to explode with contemporary rage."
- Matthew Murray, Talkin' Broadway http://www.talkinbroadway.com/page/ob/6_22_16.html
"The costumes by Christopher Metzger captured the aging hipness of Andrew, the mussed preppy-ness of Jake and the poor, but striving to look good quality of Claire."
- Joel Benjamin, Theater Pizzazz http://www.theaterpizzazz.com/schooled/
"The costume design by Christopher Metzger was on point. The attire evoked the artsy fartsy faux hipsters, thick-rimmed glasses included for all."
- Michael Block, Theatre in the Now http://www.theaterinthenow.com/2015/08/review-things-we-do-to-get-ahead.html?spref=fb
"Fine costuming by Christopher Metzger..." - Matt Hanson, Broadway Word http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwdance/article/BWW-Reviews-CHERYLYN-LAVAGNINO-DANCE-Flourishes-at-Danspace-20150519#
This production and the explosion that occurred on 2nd Avenue in NYC was discussed in The New Yorker, April 13, 2015. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/04/13/show-goes-on
Featured in Dance Teacher Magazine (Sept. 2014) http://www.dance-teacher.com/2014/09/taking-a-mid-career-leap/